Telephone (Ringtone "Night Music")
Type: Alone sound
Channels: Mono ⊕- Mono : Is single-channel. Typically there is only one microphone, one loudspeaker.
- Stereo : Is a method of sound reproduction that creates an illusion of directionality and audible perspective.
Conditions: Studio ⊕A "studio" sound has been recorded in a reverb-free place.
An "outdoor" sound contains disruptive elements. The sound is not totally pure. There is sometimes a little wind, some rumors, etc.
A "indoor" sound usually contains a strong reverb. It can not, for example, be used to sound an image taken outdoors.
Sampling Rate: 44,100 Hz ⊕Search : Defines the number of samples per seconds taken from a continuous signal to make a discrete signal. The unit for sampling rate is hertz.
- 44,100 Hz : CD Audio quality.
- 48,000 Hz : The standard used by professional digital video equipment such as tape recorders, video servers, vision mixers and so on.
- 96,000 Hz : DVD-Audio, some LPCM DVD tracks, BD-ROM (Blu-ray Disc) audio tracks, HD DVD (High-Definition DVD) audio tracks.
Bit depth: 16 Bits ⊕More : In digital audio, bit depth describes the number of bits of information recorded for each sample.
- 16 bits : CD quality audio. A standard used by media professionals.
- 24 bits : DVD-Audio, which can support up to 24-bit audio.
Author: Joseph SARDIN
Sound n°: 177
- Rated 6.8/10 (average)